Tuesday, April 15, 2008


A letter to God from a child about a father

Dear God,

Thanks for giving me a daddy. You knew just what I’d need! In case you need to make
daddies for other kids, I thought you might like to know what I like best about the one you sent me:
A good dad ...
1. knows everything (like how to tie shoes and drive a car)
2. is really smart (he even knows where the wind goes after it blows through the trees)
3. has a forgiving heart (for when I mess up)
4. is loaded with patience, patience, patience (he probably won’t need it, but just in case...)
5. has a comfy lap and a big laugh (you understand about that, don’t you?)
6. tells me all about you and your son.


Your friend,
A Kid

P.S. I almost left out the best part! A good dad has real strong arms (to catch me when I fall. He says you’re just like that, too.)

(extract is taken from “What makes a good dad?” by Max Lucado


for downloading in full version
http://maxlucado.com/pdf/good.dad.pdf

1 comment(s):

vitalyshalom said...

This is one of the best devotial i read. I believe all will be encouraged after reading it.

My LIfe Review in Encouraging Stories